witticisms by Jess Witty

October 19, 2009

sneaky peeky...

and it's a good one. Really good. How good? you ask. 365 ways of good. That would be 1 good thing a day for an entire year. Yeah, that sounds good. And each of those good things is a card. That sounds even better. Take a looky at A Card a Day from Paper Crafts. Sweet, huh? I've seen it in real life. Mmm... it is niiiiiice. Jennifer busted that thing out at one of our Editorial Board dinners and somehow, I ended up practically in Kim Kesti's lap (or leaning over her from the arm of the couch, but whatever) while we looked at every page. Every page. Anyhow, take a look. Fall in love. On to today's project. This is one of my favorites as of late. I loved coming up with a way to use lots of patterned paper all at once without it being too overwhelming. I love how mixing the stitching up added just the right extra bit of detail. The patchwork process looks super complicated, but really... it's just an illusion of complicated. If anyone's interested in a tutorial, let me know. I think I can whip one up pretty easily. Later, friends!
{Patchwork Birthday} card
Town Square Mercantile Pattern Paper by Jenni Bowlin Nature's Storybook Grow Dreams Paper by Webster's Pages Road Map Vacationer Paper by October Afternoon Polka Dot Button Chipboard by Jenni Bowlin Girl Friday Sunday Pattern Paper by Cosmo Cricket Thank You Stamp Set by Hampton Art Old Paper Distress Ink by Ranger
Buttons & Button Twine by Papertrey Ink

5 comments:

itsallrosi said...

thanks for the peek. can't wait to get my copy!

love your card here. a great mix of papers.

calamity jane said...

I love this card Jess. Using up my stash is always good. If you have time, I'd love a tutorial. Collage isn't easy for me! Thanks!!

Brandy J. said...

Jessica, I'm a bit behind on my blog reading. I just wanted to pop over and tell you how much I love your centerpiece idea -- brilliant! Your card is darling too! Chat with you later.

Lisa said...

Sign me up for a tutorial!

Anonymous said...

Not just rad, but super duper rad. Love, love this beautiful card of your's. ----teri