witticisms by Jess Witty

December 04, 2009

Joyeux Noel

Ah, yellow. Funny how I love it so much lately that I even think it's appropriate for Christmas cards. Why not? It's joyful. Seems to fit.

I was going for a bit of a funky French feeling to match the stamps. The stamps... I love them. They're actually the first set I've used by Pink Paislee and I am very happy with them. Not to mention the fact that I was bound and determined to use this phrase on our family Christmas card this year... you know, seeing as how we had a baby this year and actually named her Noelle. Seriously, I have always known that if we had a girl, we would name her Noelle, and that I would then design a Christmas card with "Noel" on it to go along with our "Noelle" baby announcement. It's sick, I know, and yet 100% true.

Anyhow, so when I saw this set, I was pretty much like "Yes, please!" and have since used it to stamp, oh, 130 Christmas cards. But back to the card at hand.

I also used two of the papers that I'm currently *loving* - Basic Gray's Doilies Die-Cut paper and the yellow print by 7Gypsies. And I threw in some of the doily print because I seem to be using it in one color or another on lots of things lately. Funny, but I only love all of them even more together.

Wish me luck this weekend, folks... we're going to attempt the near impossible. And that would be taking one 5 year old and one 2 year old to a gigantic downtown parade, involving arriving early (yeah, I know... what event that I am a part of lately does not involve this element?), and everyone enjoying themselves. I have high hopes. And am planning on bringing lots of hot chocolate.

Later, friends!

{Joyeux Noel} card

Nook and Pantry Cornbread Paper by Basic Grey Nook and Pantry Green Blue Doilies Die-Cut Paper by Basic Grey Barcelona Terrassa Pattern Paper by 7Gypsies Mistletoe and Co Impressions Clear Stamps by Pink Paislee Happy Holidays Gingham Ribbon by Fancy Pants Bronze Rhinestone Embellishments by Kaisercraft

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it! :)
Happy Saturday!

-Teri

Winter said...

So pretty! I love that color right now! I call it mustard! :)