witticisms by Jess Witty

January 04, 2010

Today's Ten Minutes...

and this is what I ended up with... Too early for Easter, huh? Yeah, I know. But I'm working from the scrap pile, so when I have Easter scraps from an Easter card assignment, it's a ten minute Easter card kind of day. I can honestly say, this project (well, really the one that the scraps originated from) would be the first time I've ever really purposefully used gray and brown together. I'm diggin' it.
The sentiment is stamped with permanent ink (StazOn) on a transparency, then layered over the patterned paper. The pieces were already stamped (Our Daily Bread stamps), embossed (the shiny layer is a dry embossed glassine bag), and trimmed nearly to the exact sizes used here... I just added one scored line to the gray (Soft Stone by Papertrey Ink) cardstock. I'm loving how it seems to add a nice polished finish to the patterned paper layer. So there you have it... another 10 Minute Scrap Pile Challenge card! Still a little surprised at what 10 mintues and a bowl full of nothin's can get me. Be sure to let me know (and leave a link!) if you decide to do your own little 10 minute challenge And, if you liked last Friday's Scrapwork Patchwork post (the would be the post before this one!) you might want to check out this post where Suzanne shows the six cards she made with that technique. Yup. Six. Later, friends!

6 comments:

Tricia T said...

I love that verse! I need to go find that stamp. Thanks for your quick card challenge. We all need to use up our scraps, don't we!! :-) I think I have enough scraps to make cards for a year! Thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Super cute card Jess! I've loved checking in on your cards and reading your totally "witty" blog. (Sorry couldn't help it, haha, but its true!) ;) Anyway, I did a 10 minute challenge this weekend! Thanks for the inspiration!
Kandi

http://kraftykandikrafts.blogspot.com/2010/01/10-minute-scrap-pile-challenge.html

Suzanne said...

Hi Jess! Thank you SO MUCH for your sweet comment and for linking to my cards! You have totally made my year already! I can't wait to call my mom to tell her! Eeek!!!

I love your 10-minute card. I think that it takes me ten minutes just to tie the bow sometimes. The brown and the gray look great together too.

Happy Monday!

Karen said...

It is so hard to believe that this is a scrap card. It is gorgeous. I love that MME line. Gray is starting to grow on me. It is perfect for an elegant, soft look. You rocked it!

TexasGrammy said...

Whoa! That subtle color combo .. and the 10-minute success of this card ... both fabboo!

~Mom

Linda Beeson said...

Jessica, I just love that verse and I just love the way it looks on your card. Gotta check out that one, I already like Our Daily Bread stamps.