witticisms by Jess Witty

April 25, 2011

10MSP...P

And by that, I mean 10 Minute Scrap Pile... Project.

Not a card, but I did still make it in 10 minutes.
Or less.

Well... not the cake.

That took a bit longer than 10 minutes.

But the banner... definitely the banner.



Stamp the letter blocks (the new Alpha-blocks set from PTI is *perfect* for this) on a sheet of white cardstock, trim them into strips so that each letter is at the bottom of a strip, then fold each letter over a piece of string.  Stick a little piece of adhesive in there, trim at the bottom, and voila.

Done.



I used two super fancy wooden skewers straight from my kitchen drawer to tie them onto. 

I had to fuss for a minute to get the names centered, but if you don't happen to have two children with birthdays on the same day like this particular paper crafter does, perhaps you won't have that problem :)



And if you're thinking, huh... that cake looks a wee bit on the girly side... well... I'd probably have to agree.

Luckily I have a pretty easy-going now 7-year old whose only comment when he saw the cake was "SPRINKLES!"

Apparently my diversionary tactic worked.
Whew.



{Birthday Banner}
Stamps - Alpha-blocks (PTI)
CS - White (PTI)
Ink -
Raspberry Fizz & Summer Sunrise

Adhesive - Scor-Tape
Twine - The Twinery
other - skewers

7 comments:

jen said...

I love it! I already have those stamps on my wish list- yes, you are enabling more!
I did a similar birthday cake banner (but I only have one girl, so it was ok that mine looked VERY girly!! I'd say you pullled off his & hers great!)-
http://jenshearsdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/04/hadley-is-six.html

Anonymous said...

Genius!! I was about to get this stamp set from the last release and then I changed my mind. Now I need it again!! :D

Anonymous said...

Cute cake banner! I love that this was such a fast project but has big wow factor ;)
And the cake is making my mouth water!! (It's obviously due to the "new" regime my body is getting used to over the Easter weekend, of sugar excesses!!)
TFS, hugs, Ruth S

FLEUR de Lo said...

Such a great idea!!!! {And so easy to transition into the eating stage.}

Do you have all of our 10 minute scrap pile posts linked together somehow? I came back looking for something and wound up scrolling through loads of posts. I just love the idea of 10 minutes and scraps!

Carol M. said...

Hoorah for banners! Love this one! Good thing you didn't have triplets or more...just think of the twine problem then?!! (screaming sound)

Thanks for another great 10MSP!! I love em'!!

Bridget said...

Thank goodness for your seven year old son! I have twin girls, and I am not sure how they did it, but one year they convinced me to make two cakes. Never again!

Amber said...

You're so crafty! I love that banner so much!