witticisms by Jess Witty

October 24, 2011

Special Gift Tags

It's Monday :)
More like, it's Monday : /

At least, that's how it feels to me!
To cheer myself up, I thought I'd share a few fun little tag projects.

The first is bright and cheerful... just what this Monday ordered...


This one was posted today on the Emma's Paperie blog.  (I'll share the other two later this week.)
It's sort of a hybrid between a stampy and a scrappy project.

Clustering items can sometimes be difficult for someone who likes to keep things pretty simple (ahem... that would be me) so I decided that tags would be the perfect canvas to practice on... nice and small :)

I started by die-cutting my tag with PTI's new Tag Sale die and then stamped the bottom part with the Houndstooth background.  (Still love that set and could probably use it on everything.)  Then I piled on a sticker label, a metal badge, a flower brad, rhinestone, and a stamped sentiment (from PTI's Little Labels set).  I thought this one came out with a fun twist on girly, vintage, and modern all thrown together...



I used the same Tag Sale die on one of my October release projects for Papertrey Ink but I trimmed the top part of the tag down. 

I wanted to make a little card holder to go in the flowers... you know, like those little sticks that hold the note card when you get a bouquet of flowers.  I stuck my little tag die-cut to an envelope (first I pinned the ribbon on) and then added a popsicle stick to the bottom by cutting a small slit in the bottom (or side, in this case) and sticking the stick inside with a bit of double sided tape.


I used the new Faith & Hope set to add the sentiment to the outside and on the little tag card for the inside.  To give a little more space for writing, I die cut the tag as a card... the cardstock is folded on the left hand side, then lined up just on the inside of the edge of the die so that that side doesn't get cut.  That leaves you with a cute tag-looking card :)

I stamped and embossed the branch image on the tag as well, but it's white on white so it's a bit difficult to see here.  Click on the picture to enlarge it to see a bit more of the detail if you like...


More tags and October PTI release projects to come later this week :)

Anyone else have a case of the Mondays?



{Just a Note} tag
Stamps - Little Labels, Houndstooth (PTI)
Cardstock - Kraft (PTI)
Ink - Dark Chocolate, White (PTI)
Die - Tag Sale #5 (PTI)
Embelishments - Jubilee Frabic Brads by The Girl's Paperie

Sweetness Metal Badges by Pink Paislee
Dear Lizzy Enchanted Plastic Rose Brads by American Crafts
Fuchsia Solid Wrinkled 1.5" Ribbon by May Arts
Portrait Phrase Stickers by Crate Paper


{Face to the Sun} gift card & envelope

Stamps - Faith & Hope
Cardstock - White, Harvest Gold, gift enclosure envelope
Ink - Dark Chocolate, Versamark
Die - Tag Sale #5
Other - Harvest Gold ribbon, Filigree white embossing powder, Maya Road pin


0 comments: