witticisms by Jess Witty

May 27, 2011

Music Washes...

Don't you just love this sentiment?


Definitely one of my favorites from Technique Tuesday.

I love sentiments that give me a chance to tie everything together with a technique or image, too, so I had to continue on with the mists from my last post

Same idea as dying the ribbon... just start with a base of white cardstock and give it a little spray bath of mist.  As in, when you think you've sprayed too much, keep going :) 

I like to use a variety of tones from the same family for some depth.  The key is to shoot it with the heat gun immediately after spraying.  Don't let the puddles soak in before heating.  Using the heat gun while the mists are still sitting on top of the paper will capture that "puddled" look. 


This card was a challenge because I think I'll always have this one in the back of my mind when using this set...


This one appeared in Paper Crafts Stamp It: Techiniques and is still one of my all-time favorites using this set.  I did a little tutorial on how to create this one right here, so enjoy that one, too!

Happy weekend! 
There is a crawfish boil coming my way in just 2 days... yay!



{Music Washes} card
Stamps - Glee (Technique Tuesday)
Ink - Black (Technique Tuesday)
Report Card Mini Market Cardstock Stickers by October Afternoon

Trunk Bay (Limited Edition Spring 2011 Color) Glimmer Mist 2oz. by Tattered Angels
Gum Drop (Limited Edition Winter 10) Glimmer Mist 2oz. by Tattered Angels
Bahama Blue (Limited Edition Spring 2011 Color) Glimmer Mist 2oz. by Tattered Angels

7 comments:

Manasa said...

Very very beautiful Jess !

Glenda J said...

Great sentiment! Love the cards.

Melody said...

Pretty! Love the use of the dyes.

Christine Holler said...

Hello!

I love your cards!
They are always so simple but really amazing!!!

Lovely greetings from Germany

Christine

Anonymous said...

Love this! Your washy - that's not washi ;) - technique is so effective!
TFS, and hope you're having a great holiuday weekend.
Hugs, Ruth S

itsallrosi said...

very cool technique - love these!

StampingbugKerry said...

Beautiful colors! Love both cards. Thanks to TT for posting it on their FB page!!!

Kerry