witticisms by Jess Witty

February 08, 2012

Papertrey Color Challenge

Hello, again, folks!

I'm coming to you today with a bit of a bonus post during the Papertrey Ink anniversary festivities :)

Nichole posted the design team's favorite color combinations as of late so I thought I'd share a new project and a few golden oldies using my faves.

Lately, I've been pulling out this little number...


It's possible that it started with this patterned paper from Crate {Portrait Collection}...


I'm not gonna lie... my main goal when using patterned paper is trying to figure out where exactly I'm going to be able to stamp something :)

Anyone else?

Stickers and tags are likely suspects...



Seriously.  It was just calling out for a stamp.

It was also, apparently, calling out for a drink...


This is just a paper bag packet of sorts... I just folded the paper bag in half, stuck the tea bags in the bottom, then added the paper and embellishments on top.  Makes for a super quick and easy gift. 


Here's the same color combo in action on two of my cards from the December release...
{click on the pictures to go to the original post for how-to's, supplies, etc.}


I have to say... kinda in love with these colors together!

I've found that it's a really easy combo to switch up, too. 

I tend to trade the Canyon Clay for Pure Poppy or Summer Sunrise or drop off either the Clay or Harvest Gold and just go with 3 colors.  Obviously, True Black, Smokey Shadow, or even a lighter gray works just as well for the Dark Chocolate.


There you have it... my fave color combination of the moment.

Favorite color combinations tend to change on a dime, but I've kept this one for at least a dollar.
I think that's good :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love these colors. It's beautiful.

Unknown said...

Yes, I do so love your color combo!! And that paperbag gifty thing is awesome:)

Holly saveur said...

Great color combo and cards!

Jessica Rodarte said...

I've been reading for a while... I love this thank you gift idea!