witticisms by Jess Witty

December 07, 2009

10-Minute-Scrap-Pile-Challenge

And this is what 10 minutes and the scrap pile got me today... Not bad, I'd say. Probably not my favorite ever, but that's kind of the pressure I'm trying to release myself from, so I'm happy with it. The stitched parts in the middle are from a recent Emma's project... that's the only scrap from it and I could not bear to part with it. I'm kinda diggin' this challenge because it's bringing new things to life for me. I'm totally into this leaf, ocean, and mustard combo... going to have to explore that one further. And, I apologize in advance because the mustard and text scraps are from my personal Christmas cards (yeah, that would be 130 cards worth of scraps... seriously) and I can assure you that those scraps are going to last me a good long while.
Soooo... the big question is... do you have a 10-minute-scrap-pile card laying around? If you feel like joining me, be sure to link your card up in the comments below. I'm not sure what form or fashion this little personal challenge of mine will take, but I'm interested to see if you're interested!
Later, friends!
{Feel Better} card
Cardstock - White (PTI)
Stamps - Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Ink - Leaf Green (PTI); Old Paper (Ranger)
PP - Blue Doily papers and printed doily papers (Nook & Pantry Collection by Basic Grey); Cream paper (Cottage Porch collection by Crate Paper)
Ribbon - Ocean Tides (PTI)
Pin - Vintage Findings (Making Memories)
Text - vintage

11 comments:

itsallrosi said...

loving your card and this color combo! I recently bought those Making Memories pins, I like how you used one here.

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Jess, you make using scraps look so easy! Love how it all came together! Such a great design!

Lori Craig said...

10 minute scrap pile? More like 25 hours.... I'm a messy stamper. LOL! Love your card, sweet thang!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh this is fantastic! I love the way the different patterns work together. Now if only I could do that in 10 minutes!

And unfortunately I'm one of those "must throw something away" girls. So I rarely have any scraps! However, I have piles of new patterned paper sitting close at hand!

Charlene Austin said...

Stop it! OK seriously...I can't help myself from LOVING these scrap cards. It's because I know my scrap pile will never be more than just that. A crap, I mean scrap pile. However if I manage to do something with this incredible inspiration you have given me I will be back to let you know. You go girl!

Linda said...

Love the color combo! I'm game for a scrap pile challenge. I just need a pile of scrap time to participate. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Two thumbs up in a "you rock the socks" formation. Dude. Awesome.

-Teri

Winter said...

WOW! This looks great! I too LOVE the color mustard, it is soo pretty! I can't wait to play in the challenge! :)

Charlene Austin said...

I did it! Ok maybe not in 10 mins but I loved using scraps. Thanks for this inspiration Jessica!

http://willowandpaisley.typepad.com/willow_paisley/2009/12/loonie-stampers-70.html

Winter said...

Here is my card,'finally'! I will be doing this challenge again! :)

Winter said...

Oops, here it is! :)
http://winterwonderlandcrafter.blogspot.com/2009/12/10-minute-scrap-pile-challenge.html