witticisms by Jess Witty

December 23, 2009

Simple Christmas Ornament

So this might possibly be the simplist Christmas wall hanging/ornament ever. Ever. Looks harder than it really is, I swear. It goes something like this... Trim a panel of glitter paper and punch the bottom edge of it. The paper is already glittered, people... that makes this project super quick and super neat. Take super cute, super vintage-y postcard and stick that to the top. You can spray the postcard with shimmer spray first just for some extra zing, but that's just an extra. Wrap some super fancy ribbon around it and adhere the ends to the back. Thread some buttons with twine and stick those on, too. I used Ribbon Adhesive by Glue Arts and their Adhesive Squares on the buttons... that stuff sticks, folks. Add some extra button twine behind the top button so you can hang it. The whole shebang will take you between 5 and 10 minutes. Not bad. This one's hanging with my collection of ollllld mirrors in the entry. They're all hung from glass door knobs, so it fits right in with the vintage-ness. I'm off to wrap, wrap, wrap. I actually like wrapping. And ribbons. And bows. And tags. My husband is not allowed to help. Later, friends! {Merry Christmas} Wall Hanging/Ornament St. Nick Postcards by B. Shackman Company Bright Gold Glitter Heavy Weight Cardstock by Best Creation Red Ruffle Trim by Webster's Pages Scallop Dot Edger Punch by Martha Stewart Crafts Buttons by Papertrey Ink Button Twine by Papertrey Ink Latte Pearl Embellishments by Kaisercraft Clear Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist 2oz. by Tattered Angels Ribbon Adhesive by Glue Arts Adhesive Squares by Glue Arts

2 comments:

Amy Rohl said...

Merry Christmas, Jessica!

I just love reading your posts--make me giggle! I think you may have inspired me to try one of these...super vintage coolness!

Taheerah said...

I've resisted this Martha Stewart punch for ages, but now having seen how you've used it here I think my resolve might have been broken! Great card!