witticisms by Jess Witty

January 31, 2011

10MSPC with a Twist!

Look at me... I'm so punny today. I finally attempted an idea that's been rattling around in the ol' noggin since before Christmas. Your basic, tried & true pipe cleaner goes elegant kind of idea. It took 2 pipe cleaners to complete the word. It was super easy to twist everything into place. It's on a simple Soft Stone card stamped with a bit of Sheet Music in white. I wanted to keep it super simple but I needed to soften the background a bit. I really wanted the stitching to pop, so I used a bright pink. Just set your stitch size to really wide to be able to cross over most of the tinsels. I went over it several times to really set off the color. A super simple Valentine... easy and *cheap* for multiples. This one would be fun for your crafty kiddos... I think I might have my 6 year old twist up some words while I stitch away. Kinda cute, right? {Twisted Love} card Stamps - Background Basics: Sheet Music (PTI) CS - Soft Stone (PTI) Ink - Fresh Snow (PTI) Other - silver pipe cleaner (craft store)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my word! Brilliant!!

(-: Heidi

JanR said...

Love it, what an awesome idea!

karisa said...

you are a genious! i have some left over pipe cleaners from ella's halloween costume that i had no idea what to do with! i'll bookmark this for later!!

Ravengirl said...

That is very cute! What a great idea! My little one LOVES pipe cleaners!