witticisms by Jess Witty

March 07, 2011

10MSPC

I've been away from my work table for a week... driving, driving, driving... {to be totally honest, in my case that part should read more like "napping, napping, napping"} conquering the mountains in Colorado... {apparently the fact that I am now way more comfortable combining super steep runs with speed makes for such spectacular crashes that they were even deemed worthy of their own nicknames} participating in obstacle courses involving snow angels made while wearing a swimsuit... {note to self - snow does not always feel as soft and pretty as it looks} and now that I'm back, I'd say it's about time for another good ol' 10 Minute Scrap Pile Card, eh? Nothing like being away from all things crafty to spark the creativity. I saw lots of cards posted over the weekend that went unloved after the latest Paper Crafts Sketches call, so here's my version. I tend to give my unloved cards one more shot at publication, but I did use the scraps from my favorite reject :) Sometimes I think I love the misted scraps more than the actual projects. The scraps just make for such fun and artsy scrap pile cards, don't you think? And yeah... I totally pulled a Jess and originally arranged all the circles by color. I decided to nix that little turn towards perfectionism and then made myself pull each one out randomly from the pile and just glue them down willy nilly. Sorta proud of myself there. One of Ali's Technique Tuesday stamps finishes it off. Black, of course, because I love the black against all the colors... makes me happy. Later, friends.

14 comments:

itsallrosi said...

you're making me want to get out my glimmer mists now. this is really great!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oeh, this is very, very pretty! Love the colors and the black, just like you. And the colors are soooo amazing bright! Very beautiful!
Hugs, Wendy

Glenda J said...

This is so striking and fabulous! Love the bright colours!

Love your comment about snow not always being soft and pretty - I totally agree!

Anonymous said...

Love the fun artsyness! Thanks for the inspiration Jess ;)
Hugs, Ruth S

Lydia Fiedler said...

Insanely beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

I am bowing to your greatness. Enough said.

Teri

JulieHRR said...

SHUT UP!!! *LOVE*

Jocelyn Olson said...

Freakin' awesome card! LOVE IT!

Winter said...

Cute card! I need to do a 10MSPC, but my table is a MESS and I wouldn't know where to start right now! :)
And yes, snow looks very soft and fluffy...but it' not! We went to Colorado a few years ago and we were enjoying the hot tub and we all got the great idea, to go jump in the snow! Well we went and jumped in what it felt like was concrete! We got back into the hot tub and all of our skin was burning where it scratched us up! LOL! :)

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Jess! Love your shimmery circles.

suzyQ2 said...

I love the concept and the colors! How were the circles created?
Carolcarratt@msn.com

Danielle Flanders said...

why were you in the snow in your swimsuit!? LOL love that card, so colorful!

Michelle said...

LOVE this card, Jess! Thanks for the inspiration!

sarah grace said...

yay! i'm lovin it!