witticisms by Jess Witty

December 05, 2011

Uncommon Friend

Hey, there, everyone!

I wanted to share this little one with you today... it's one of my projects for Emma's Paperie from the last few weeks...


All of us used the sketch available on the Emma's Paperie blog.  I went for a scrappy/stampy mix.  I'm a sucker for a good newsprint, so I started with that.

I wanted to give it a bit of a funky twist, so I added a little die-cut negative over the sticker.  I just die-cut the butterfly, then used a circle punch to punch the circle right through the butterfly. Super simple but it makes it feel a bit more modern than simply applying the die-cut.


A little sticker/stamp combo at the bottom makes the sentiment.  Yes, I meant to stamp "friend" so that it went off the page... I just like the flow of it :)


I am deep in the midst of making release projects, performing in a local Christmas play, decorating the house, prepping for our annual Christmas party, and {hopefully} starting Christmas cards... a little behind on that one :)

Feeling the Christmas deadlines... anyone else??



0 comments: