witticisms by Jess Witty

September 13, 2010

10MSPC

It's that time of year again... where routine reigns and schedule is supreme. I'm not a fan. I prefer summer. Trading school for swimming. Turkey sandwiches for ice cream sandwiches. I miss it already and it's not really even gone! We did start school today, though, so life has changed even if the weather hasn't. And so, my new mantra... This is one of my favorite quickies as of late. I borrowed some of Mom's Copics and was literally on my way out the door to return them when I thought to make a 10 minute card. No real blending, nothing fancy. Just a few swipes with each color to make some graduated stripes down the side. Love it. I'm not a fancy Copic-er, but I could see myself becoming a simple Copic-er. For stripes, if nothing else. I decided to give my much loved, much used TT sets a much deserved break and picked up some friends to live in the stamp drawer with them. Only their new friends don't visit the drawer too often yet since I'm using them on nearly everything lately. I *love* this sentiment. Because not every card giving occassion is all about gumdrops and smiley faces, right? And speaking of card giving occassions... I confessed on the Paper Crafts Facebook page last week that I am a card mailing slacker of the highest degree. So this card is headed out to the mailbox on the way to a friend who lives close enough to hand it off to, but who needs something unexpected in the mailbox for a little pick me up. Look at me... all productive and everything. Maybe it's the season, right? Care to join me in committing to actually MAIL something this week?

9 comments:

itsallrosi said...

this is fantastic!

Monica K. said...

Wow, this is so original! Love the colored copic stripes.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, that is the true love of a mother for her daughter... loaning out her Copics! :) Great design idea!

Bev Gerard said...

Awwwwwwwwwww,
I do adore this striped goodness you've created .. in a fab less-than-10-bitty-minutes!

:o)

Glenda J said...

This is an amazing card!!! Now run out and mail that beautiful card. I too am a summer loving, simple-Copic girl! Thanks for sharing this fabulous CAS card.

Deirdre said...

Going to put something in the mail this week too.. I am also a slacker...isn't it awful.

Hope the routine isn't too mundane this week! The first week is the toughest!

Paula Laird said...

Oh my goodness, I love this!!! You are a hero! I keep trying to make 10 minute cards, but they always turn into half hour cards. I'm going to keep trying! I will join you in mailing this week, though!

B said...

Wow, I can't believe your mom is so nice to loan out her copics! :) I LOVE this though! Fab idea! :) Oh I've been kinda doing 10 minute cards with my scraps -- only usually this means I can't fix my boo boos! Hahah - I'm calling it rustic. See here: http://cadnileb.blogspot.com/2010/09/friend.html
Anyways, I am sending out lots of cards this week! At least I have the intent too! They're all stuffed -- just ready to be addressed!

Emma and Jackson's Mom said...

Hey, if I didn't get this ADORABLE card who did? ;-)